East Wonder Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this name break any rules?

+3
milk&cookies
ChibiChan
Ltmonkey
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

this name break any rules? Empty this name break any rules?

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 pm

Obama Hussein Bin Laden i mean its not really racist its just like very political and could be offensive.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

this name break any rules? Empty Re: this name break any rules?

Post  ChibiChan Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Are you complaining about the name or do you find it offensive?
ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:28 pm

ChibiChan wrote:Are you complaining about the name or do you find it offensive?

i am asking if you think it should be handled.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  milk&cookies Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:53 pm

whats wrong with the name? because of the bin laden part right? I say let it go, even the name hitler shouldnt be offensive per say. unless the alias was .. imhitlerandihatedajews or some nonsense. otherwise.. whats in a name?
milk&cookies
milk&cookies
:Admin:

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:56 pm

milk&cookies wrote:whats wrong with the name? because of the bin laden part right? I say let it go, even the name hitler shouldnt be offensive per say. unless the alias was .. imhitlerandihatedajews or some nonsense. otherwise.. whats in a name?

well now he was harrassing people telling people to convert to muslim so i just told him to change his name and stop talking about religion he refused i kicked him he came back did it again i baned him for 5 minutes just as a warning.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:59 pm

i also asked him to changed before the kick and he said make me.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:04 pm

if i had a nickel for every time "make me" proceeded a kick....
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 pm

‡§hïñ‡Pav0ne wrote:if i had a nickel for every time "make me" proceeded a kick....

there is another guy fighting with the muslim about god so i banned him for 5 minutes to i told him to change his name i kicked him he did not want to i warned him for 5 minutes he was like convert to christian i was like stop talking about religion and argueing about god with the other dude and they where like no so i mean all i was asking was to change there names and stop talking about religion =0
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  milk&cookies Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Ltmonkey wrote:
milk&cookies wrote:whats wrong with the name? because of the bin laden part right? I say let it go, even the name hitler shouldnt be offensive per say. unless the alias was .. imhitlerandihatedajews or some nonsense. otherwise.. whats in a name?

well now he was harrassing people telling people to convert to muslim so i just told him to change his name and stop talking about religion he refused i kicked him he came back did it again i baned him for 5 minutes just as a warning.

still dont see how talking about religion warrants a kick/silence. he's not using profanities is he? is he flooding the server with spam? if he is, then a silence is in order. but the name itself is not really offensive. neither is telling someone to convert to islam. thats just as offensive as telling someone that they should become a vegan or start watching trueblood.
milk&cookies
milk&cookies

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:20 pm

milk&cookies wrote:
Ltmonkey wrote:

still dont see how talking about religion warrants a kick/silence. he's not using profanities is he? is he flooding the server with spam? if he is, then a silence is in order. but the name itself is not really offensive. neither is telling someone to convert to islam. thats just as offensive as telling someone that they should become a vegan or start watching trueblood.

yes they were spaming and curseing at one another.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:34 pm

its cool its done with now.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Ltmonkey wrote:

The long story short is nothing.

If someone joins the server under "Santa Claus" how should we handle it? Some people find him offensive because he can be viewed as a religious icon. Yeah, Santa Claus. What happens if Adolf Hitler joins?

We cannot accommodate everyone's religious and political views. Unless the individual is trolling or harassing users, we leave them be. As far as you're concerned, you are posting this in the complaints sections so the first impression is you are complaining about someone joining the server under a name you find offensive. We can address your feelings to some degree, but we aren't going to slam every Santa, Adolf and Benedict that joins the server.

The only thing that this topic suggest is someone who's name you found offensive was spamming. Profanity isn't against the rules.

ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

ChibiChan wrote:
Ltmonkey wrote:

The long story short is nothing.

If someone joins the server under "Santa Claus" how should we handle it? Some people find him offensive because he can be viewed as a religious icon. Yeah, Santa Claus. What happens if Adolf Hitler joins?

We cannot accommodate everyone's religious and political views. Unless the individual is trolling or harassing users, we leave them be. As far as you're concerned, you are posting this in the complaints sections so the first impression is you are complaining about someone joining the server under a name you find offensive. We can address your feelings to some degree, but we aren't going to slam every Santa, Adolf and Benedict that joins the server.

The only thing that this topic suggest is someone who's name you found offensive was spamming. Profanity isn't against the rules.

well it was in east and i handled it my self man your to serious man chill out jesus and if its racist or it is or excessive profanity it should be.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 pm

another thing chibi i am not enjoying you comeing on to like random threads i make acting like robocop chibi chan we are all friends here and your talking to us like you dont respect any of us. this happend with destiny post i made and you went off on her for no reason when i was just pokeing fun. and your going to come back with like i do respect you guys i am just trying to layout the ground rules and act all perfessional blah blah lol save your post chibi i love you chiil out =)
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  milk&cookies Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:10 am

dude, I think you need to relax.

chibi is right. you asked a question, and she answered it. my response was similar. and what she says makes sense. she wasn't coming down on anyone hard. I even told you the same thing on EWL about what to do about the guy.
milk&cookies
milk&cookies

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:00 am

Ltmonkey wrote:another thing chibi i am not enjoying you comeing on to like random threads i make acting like robocop chibi chan we are all friends here and your talking to us like you dont respect any of us. this happend with destiny post i made and you went off on her for no reason when i was just pokeing fun. and your going to come back with like i do respect you guys i am just trying to layout the ground rules and act all perfessional blah blah lol save your post chibi i love you chiil out =)

I'm only addressing your concern. How you feel about the tone or nature of my reply means nothing to me. If you feel strongly about these names or excessive profanity, then make your case and maybe we will make a rule against it. Racism is already against the rules. Speaking of random threads, you seem to make a lot of them. Maybe you should start saving some of your posts.

Oh I almost forgot about to tell you how much I respect "you guys", but if I were you I'd be more concerned about my "respect" for someone trying to build their post count for a rank that does not exist.

ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  thrillhouse Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:07 am

I don't know how much it matters now, but if it was my site I would watch anyone who uses a name like that like a hawk. If they start with the religious bs or start some hate speech they should be banned forever.

Even the name is hateful and I find religious conversion attempts ridiculously offensive. This isn't the crusades or something, it's a place to play video games, carry that shit elsewhere. I tell bible knockers to fuck off, I tell people with pamphlets at the airport and parking lots to fuck off, and this loser who uses the name Bin Laden can go fuck himself as well.

I don't think we need to protect douchebags under the banner of free speech here. This isn't a government site it's a private one. People can be decent or at least save their crazy nonsense for a private chat or they can hit the road.

My 2 cents
thrillhouse
thrillhouse

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/max8455/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:50 am

I agree with a few things. This isn't a place to have religious debates. The rule states if you have to have one, make a private chat. Its not for the lobby. I also agree if you join under Fatz (which is targeted at Catz) you're probably putting a big red X on you that says "I'm here to troll" and you will be watched.

If Adolf Hitler joins the server, I'm not going to kick him because he killed some Jews. The only grounds (and that doesn't mean I can) I would have for kicking him is if there are Jews in the server that take offense or if he started verbally attacking Jews. Then again there may be people married to Jews in the server who take offense to the name. Now what?

If someone named CottoNPickN joins and black players take offense, do we ask the user to change their name? How about CrackersSuck? Now the whites take offense, but what crackers is the individual talking about? Maybe they don't like Ritz to go with their cup o noodles.

We aren't associating names with what people find offensive to their race or religion. If we did, we'd have to ban milk&cookies. Respecting players' religions are one thing, but accommodating their interpretations is another. My suggestion for anyone who feels strongly about this would be to make a list of individuals who names are offensive and we can give some thought about banning those names.

Last edited by ChibiChan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  milk&cookies Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:07 am

chibi, check your inbox
milk&cookies
milk&cookies

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:55 pm

milk&cookies wrote:dude, I think you need to relax.

chibi is right. you asked a question, and she answered it. my response was similar. and what she says makes sense. she wasn't coming down on anyone hard. I even told you the same thing on EWL about what to do about the guy.

i see another person who takes what i say seriously i guess no one understands that most of what i say is bullshit and i am just messing around.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Ltmonkey wrote:
milk&cookies wrote:dude, I think you need to relax.

i see another person who takes what i say seriously i guess no one understands that most of what i say is bullshit and i am just messing around.

lol i did not realise that there was another page of stuff to read but my post still stands. and chibi i love how you take evidense and reason and they are flawless.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:10 pm

Speaking of random threads, you seem to make a lot of them. Maybe you should start saving some of your posts.

well i just like to post alot and if i dont post the forums will be dead with no one posting anything and part of this was to beat ibob in posts which i did yay
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  thrillhouse Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:24 pm

I'm pretty sure if you post to much it could break the internets
thrillhouse
thrillhouse

http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/max8455/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ltmonkey Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:22 pm

thrillhouse wrote:I'm pretty sure if you post to much it could break the internets
/

fun fact i have been baned from a forum for posting to much.
Ltmonkey
Ltmonkey

Back to top Go down

Post  SomeCrimDude Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:54 pm

ChibiChan wrote: How about CrackersSuck? Now the whites take offense, but what crackers is the individual talking about? Maybe they don't like Ritz to go with their cup o noodles.

Thanks for making me spill my goddamn drink.

Also dot, I recommend you to get off your high horse, you come here for an answer then for some reason you tell others off "to chill out".

Man I love hypocrisy.

And they're right, "controversial" names aren't against the rules, The only thing I see justifying your actions were the spamming and, at least for me, prolonged flamewars is considered spam, since some users when provoked retaliate by being complete retards filling up the chat lobby with unfunny insults (newfag? gay dick? come on whatever happened to clever insults?).

Though names insulting a member is trolling, so what I just said doesn't apply to that.

Even so, a silence would have sufficed, not banning him repeatedly, even if it's just 5 min because that just gives more reason to be a nuisance.

Also, thrillhouse? for someone who dislikes racism, it's pretty ironic that you lash out with fucking hardcore prejudice at people who "just spreads the word" of their religion.

I mean I don't like them that much either but I don't tell them to fuckoff like an asocial asshole with mental problems.

I know the issue is done with already, but it would be pretty retarded if something like this happens again, in fact I recall a similar problem back in GW just because someone was called YoungBallz.

So how about a cup full of Just-ice and chill the fuck out

this name break any rules? 005_ca11
SomeCrimDude
SomeCrimDude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next