East Wonder Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Langauge I think we need to discuss about the usage of the words

+3
ChibiChan
Jackk
tonshaad1230
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Langauge I think we need to discuss about the usage of the words - Page 2 Empty Re: Langauge I think we need to discuss about the usage of the words

Post  Grandmaster Wuzz Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 am

Let's get something straight about WW. The simple fact is that there are no rules.
None have been established.
I have no idea if a clear set of rules WILL be established.

Getting offended on WW by seeing a racist word, harassment, or general immaturity is ridiculous. It would be tantamount to reading "fuck you" somewhere on the internet and saying "fuck me??! Well..... I...... NEVER!!!"

If people are concerned about kids reading this stuff on the server, then they should be more aware of what their kids are doing on the internet. This is not a pay service, there is no contract or terms of use, no EULA, or anything LIKE that. It IS what it IS. It's not like if people don't like what they are reading that they can't put someone on IGNORE, it's not that hard.

This server is a place where people can come to play kaillera compatible games on a server. Anything beyond that, the user implicitly agrees to tolerate and deal with by connecting to it. The only "rules" are the ones that people will figure out the hard way, which is basically don't piss off someone with admin powers, while they are around. Beyond that, lie, cheat, argue, insult, hurtle racist and insensitive comments all you want, no one will care. The server isn't even set up to block people with greater than 200 ping, so a bunch of foreigners can come in and scream as many insults as they want in their scrambled moonspeak of a character set, not that anyone will understand it.

So currently, as I see it, any complaints about ANYTHING that goes on in the server will basically fall into a big black hole, never to be seen again. So anyone complaining about ANYTHING going on in the server is basically wasting their time.
Grandmaster Wuzz
Grandmaster Wuzz

Back to top Go down

Langauge I think we need to discuss about the usage of the words - Page 2 Empty Re: Langauge I think we need to discuss about the usage of the words

Post  buubuu Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 am

=_= just dont use the (N) word ppl not hard
buubuu
buubuu
SuperAdmin

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession=cmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uX3Byb2ZpbGU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:04 am

there has to be rules.. enforced rules, or this place will just end up like gw once again. again, it doesnt take effort to NOT say certain words, and it does a world of good. no one wants an environment of hatred and ignorance.

Grandmaster Wuzz wrote:Let's get something straight about WW. The simple fact is that there are no rules.

Getting offended on WW by seeing a racist word, harassment, or general immaturity is ridiculous. It would be tantamount to reading "fuck you" somewhere on the internet and saying "fuck me??! Well..... I...... NEVER!!!"

If people are concerned about kids reading this stuff on the server, then they should be more aware of what their kids are doing on the internet. This is not a pay service, there is no contract or terms of use, no EULA, or anything LIKE that. It IS what it IS. It's not like if people don't like what they are reading that they can't put someone on IGNORE, it's not that hard.

This server is a place where people can come to play kaillera compatible games on a server. Anything beyond that, the user implicitly agrees to tolerate and deal with by connecting to it. The only "rules" are the ones that people will figure out the hard way, which is basically don't piss off someone with admin powers, while they are around. Beyond that, lie, cheat, argue, insult, hurtle racist and insensitive comments all you want, no one will care. The server isn't even set up to block people with greater than 200 ping, so a bunch of foreigners can come in and scream as many insults as they want in their scrambled moonspeak of a character set, not that anyone will understand it.

So currently, as I see it, any complaints about ANYTHING that goes on in the server will basically fall into a big black hole, never to be seen again. So anyone complaining about ANYTHING going on in the server is basically wasting their time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:07 am

[Image Deleted]

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:36 am

Grandmaster Wuzz wrote:Let's get something straight about WW. The simple fact is that there are no rules.

This is true. WW is currently under GW's rules and standards, but I've been meaning to make a topic here to make it official and not give people any excuses to go crazy. This topic unfortunately has escalated the need for rules so this is where I am so far.

https://westwonderland.forumotion.com/west-wonderland-announcements-f2/ww-server-lobby-rules-10-t27.htm

These are GW rules elaborated and will be the model here until we change them.

I agree with §hïñ‡Pav0ne as far the N word is concerned. To me its just another insult, but the intent of how it is used is the only thing that should be considered. We are only dealing with this now because some people have the eyes and ears of children and these people play on this server which means we have to address their needs.
ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 pm

milk&cookies wrote:[Image Deleted]

who deleted my john and yoko pic????

iBob3G: I Did.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jackk Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:25 pm

Ain't reading that blog..

You won't stop the people from saying it Ton, because most of them that are not black would not say that in front of a random black guy, they just woudn't. So they say it online.

Also, if your going to ban niga for being "racist", why not ban fagget too? Discrimination against homosexuality, and plenty of other words, which brings down most of the curse words out there that would make the server a little too botty in silencing for curse words.
Jackk
Jackk
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiChan Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Oh I remember when Zelda had her bot turned on for profanity. Use to drive users crazy.
ChibiChan
ChibiChan
SuperAdmin

Back to top Go down

Post  tonshaad1230 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm

ChibiChan wrote:Oh I remember when Zelda had her bot turned on for profanity. Use to drive users crazy.

WE NEED THAT BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!
tonshaad1230
tonshaad1230

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:35 pm

lets ban people for using skinny/flaco or fatty/gordito. since it discriminates against people who are skinny, or overweight. maybe we should also ban people for not translating what they say in the mainchatrooms into spanish, because a good percentage of the people on the server speak spanish. and that would be discriminating against people who only speak spanish. lets also ban people for using "idiot" or "retard" since it discriminates against tonsht.... so on and so forth. we can play this whole "slippery slope" game. where we say one thing inevitably should lead to another. or we can just use whatever critical thinking skills we have.

lets legalize marijuana!!! oh..BUT WAIT but then we should have to legalize all drugs, coke, extacy, crack, meth. the retards who uphold this thought process are the same individuals who give the KKK a people from NAMBLA a legal voice.

Back to top Go down

Post  ißob Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 pm

ChibiChan wrote:Oh I remember when Zelda had her bot turned on for profanity. Use to drive users crazy.

That woman had serious problems. That bot broke several rules. I hated her ... "Let me help you" "^_^" "lol" lines. Mad
ißob
ißob
:SuperAdmin:

Back to top Go down

Post  BDKRX Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:48 am

Hey hey hey! Leave Lunaz alone \_/; lol. This thread = wow. He's still going on about this? scratch
BDKRX
BDKRX

Back to top Go down

Post  ißob Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:09 pm

No... Its not.
ißob
ißob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum